Search This Blog

Friday 5 April 2019

Not My Hack

In the UK we have string pullcords on lights in bathrooms. These are usually in two pieces, joined with a plastic or metal widget that has a couple of holes, one in each end.  You put the ends of the two piece of cord in the holes and tie two knots to hold them there. then you hang a quirky thing off the end of the bottom cord. the plastic 'joiner' in a friend's house had broken, and he wondered if I could make a replacement. I thought about it for a while and made this:



Before  I had a chance to deliver the part, I was sent this photo of his solution:


This was just too good not to put up here. It's cheap and effective, and has the quirkiness required of a pull-cord. How long will it last? Who knows? But then, it doesn't matter, as you just replace it with another bottle...



No comments: