Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Lamp Cover Replacement

A friend asked me if I could create a replacement lamp cover for a washing machine. One of the clips holding it in has broken off:



 It took about an hour to come up with an OpenSCAD model of the cover and I printed a test part in clear PLA. There's some support material shown here on one of the clips, this was useful as there was a bit of overhang on that clip.





I have some translucent orange filament, at least I hope I have enough, as it came from a pack of various colours. I'll print an orange one when the design works. I have filed it down a bit to tidy up where the support material attached, and to reduce the size of the clips a bit. It compares quite well with the original:


Lamp cover in use:



No comments: