Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 February 2022

Coding With Rules of Thumb

I create code quite a bit and have fallen into a process of using 'Rules of Thumb'  or 'Meta Patterns ' when doing this. These rules aren't hard and fast and cover all aspects of working with code. I thought I'd document them, so other people can have a look and maybe use them. I also get a list of my rules, and a list of things can help spot missing and duplicated items.

These rules are similar to software patterns but are usually at a much higher level than the code (The Software Hammer) or at a very low level (Chinese Questions).

This page is the index of rules and will be updated as I get round to documenting the rules, and in some case recognising that I use a rule.


The Software Hammer

Chinese Questions

Code the Specification




No comments: