Search This Blog

Thursday 14 March 2019

Quick Thing (And filament comparison)

I don't know what I did before I got my 3d printers. How did we get little things like separators for clothes hangers? A couple of days after the request and I'd designed the thing and printed several:



(Some are pink as I had the filament and decided I'd not be using it for much, so may as well use it here).


The time to get these hooked markers included ordering and receiving a reel of white filament.


That's the set so far, and the owl-eyed among you might spot a difference in the white ones. I had a small amount of white filament left over from a faberdashery order and ran that through the printer, closely followed by the pink (on the fisher I have found I can push a new batch of filament into the extruder after some that has run out and all is fine, no need to splice it). I also order a reel of cheaper white filament from ebay to see what it was like (for one quarter the cost). It prints and is fine for prototypes, and maybe some parts as well, but it looks like there's nowhere near as much pigment in the filament. Hence the less that brilliant white of some of the markers in the picture. The faberdashery filament is definitely more saturated in colour. But it's a lot more expensive...



No comments: