Search This Blog

Friday 22 July 2016

Main DRO PCB 2.0

I've decided to put the entire Lexpresso card onto the DRO main board as it saves me the hassle of laying out a processor board, and I get the debugger/programmer half of the card as well. I can lay out a processor card later if I want to. The card also has nice 0.1inch holes for mounting on a PCB, which the Arduinos don't I thought about using and Arduino Mega, but mounting it was just too difficult.

New main PCB being milled:


I'm doing two passes, the first with a 0.6mm bit and the second with a 0.2mm bit. The first pass gives me more clearance around the tracks and pads and th eseocnd does th efine isolation. This should make it a bit easier to solder without shorts like I had on the first PCB. Of course, it means two 7 hour milling sessions, not one, but it's probably worth it.

No comments: