Search This Blog

Friday 8 July 2016

DRO Display Running

The main display PCB has now got some firmware that does something. The code can talk to all three OLED displays and also to the three LED readouts.



It can also get pixels on the TFT, but the range of co-ordinates seems limited in some way. There's also some spurious pixels on the OLED displays, but it seems deterministic so I don't think it's noise.
I need to get the touch screen code in a fit state to register keypresses.

I've also routed a couple of gauge channel daughter boards:


The bottom one is milled using a 0.2mm bit as I have done with most of my PCBs so far. After the problems with shorts on the display PCB (which turned pout to be soldering problems, as there's no solder resist), I have tried a double stage milling process in the second PCB. The first stage is a mill with a 0.6mm bit, followed by one with a 0.2mm bit to cut away the final detail. This leaves a larger gap around most of the tracks, which I hope will act as a sort of solder resist.

Here's a populated gauge channel PCB:


The socket is for the PIC12F1822 which reads the gauge data stream. The transistors are used for level shifting the data to 5V and also for driving the data and clock lines in order to put some gauges in to fast mode.
There's also a 1V5 supply generated with a simple voltage divider.

No comments: