Search This Blog

Friday 23 June 2017

Vortoscope Sort Of


Vortoscope (Sort Of)

The vortoscope is an optical attachment for cameras which is similar to a kaleidoscope. I want to try to experiment with  one of these, so I decided to build a copy of the Leica universal polariser part that attaches to the lenses on the front of my M8.
The attachment is a circular ring that attaches to adapters that screw on to the front of each lens.

The basic ring:


I drilled some holes that will be used to mount various  front arrangements.




The first front attachment is a 3d printed holder for a prism from an old pair of binoculars I dismantled years ago.



The thumbscrews are used to  attach this assembly to the lens adapter disks. Using different 3D printed adapters I should be able to attach various different optical adjusters...
















No comments: