Search This Blog

Monday 30 March 2020

Clock Bargain

Clock Bargain

What do you do when you see a clock for sale for one pound?
You buy seven, of course.

Then you attach them to a board and there you go, a timezone array clock thing (I'm still not sure what these things are called).


The location labels are CNC routed out of a plastic that I took ages to source that has a white layer on top of a black substrate. It took ages, not to find it, but to find it at a reasonable price. It's really nice when routed, and has an old-school type of look to it. This plastic was used a lot in the sixties and seventies for labelling electronic equipment controls.

The whole thing didn't cost too much more than the bargain £7 for the clocks, either. The board is made from scrap and recycled packing case material, and I bought more of the expensive label material than I needed here, so I will use that on other projects.
Seven batteries is a not insignificant cost, either.

No comments: